Amla is a good source of vitamin C. In US we dont get fresh amla so I made pickle with frozen amla.
Amla or Usirikaya frozen 7 big sized amla
Red chilli powder 3 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon
Mustard powder 2 teaspoons
Tumeric powder 2 pinches
Mustard seed 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 table spoons
preferably sesame oil
Hing 2 pinches
Red chillies 2
Salt as needed
1. Add water to a bowl , after water is boiling put amla in boiling water for about 5 minutes. They will become soft .
2. Deseed the amla. Make it into a fine paste in mixie or grinder.
3. Heat a pan add oil to it after 2 teaspoons oil is heated add mustard seeds , slit red chillies into 3 or 4 pieces and hing.
4. When mustard seeds start to pop add the amla paste. When the paste thickness switch off the stove.
5. Add red chilli powder, mustard powder,tumeric powder and salt to amla paste and mix well.
6. Heat a pan add the remaining oil and after oil is hot add to amla pickle. Refrigirate it.