Soak dry amla powder or gooseberry powder or usirika powder in water, for 8 hours. Make thick paste and apply to hair. Wait for half an hour and take bath. Do this twice a week. Hair will blacken gradually.
Potatoes 3 Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon Urad dal 1 teaspoon Onion 1 big sized Ginger ½ inch piece Green chillies 3 Turmeric powder pinch Salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
1. Steam or cook the potatoes. Peel the skin and mash into it. 2. Cut green chillies and ginger into fine pieces or grind them. Cut onion into small pieces. 3. Heat a deep pan or skillet and two teaspoons of oil. Add the urad dal and mustard seeds when the mustard seeds start to splutter. Add the onions, green chillies and ginger , saute well.
4. When the onions become translucent add the mashed potatoes, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes in medium low flame. Switch off the stove.
5. Let the potato curry cool. Make small oval shaped balls or small balls. 6. Soak the bread piece in little water. The bread will become very soft. Cover the potato balls with the bread.
7. Heat a deep pan or skillet and add oil for deep and fry in the oil until golden brown. Serve with chutney or ketchup.
Roasted toordal powder or kandhi pappu podi 4 teaspoons
Mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Chana Dal 1 teaspoon
Urad Dal 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder 2 pinches
Red Chillies 3
Curry Leaves 6 to 8
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Oil 3 teaspoons or 1 table spoon
Salt as needed
1. Heat a pan and dry roast toor dal in medium low flame for 5 minutes or till it slightly changes the color. Switch off the stove. Let it cool completely. Blend the roasted toor dal into a coarse powder.
2. Wash and cut the dondakaya into circular pieces and pressure cook or cook in pan until it is cooked.
3. Heat a deep pan or skillet and add oil after oil is heated add mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal, curry leaves ,hing and red chillies.
4. When mustard seeds start to splutter add the dry coconunt powder and mix well. When powder slightly changes color add the cooked dondakaya or ivy gourd and mix well.
5. Add roasted toor dal powder, salt and tumeric powder, mix well.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes and add red chilli powder mix well and switch off the stove.
2. Heat a deep pan or skillet and dry roast dal. Wash the dal and add the berakaya or ridge gourd pieces.
3. Cook dal and ridge gourd in the pressure cooker or a pan.
4. Heat a pan add oil after oil is hot add urad dal, mustard seeds, red chilli, garlic(optional ), curry leaves and hing. (You can addd onion pieces and adfter it turns translucent add the dal)
5. When mustard seeds spulter and dal changes to golden color . Add the dal, tumeric powder, salt and red chilli powder and cook for 5 minutes. If you want dal softer and thinner add water and cook for more time.