Besan 1 cup
Brinjals 5 small sized
Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda 2 pinches (optional)
Salt as needed
Oil for frying
1. Mix besan and water into a not thick not thin batter.
2. Add paste baking soda, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Cut brinjal into round pieces. Soak them in water or they will turn dark. Add to the besan batter.
4. Heat a pan add oil after oil is heated turn to medium low flame. Dip the brinjal pieces in besan batter and put in oil.
5. Uniformly fry on all sides till pakoras are crispy.
Serve hot with peanut chutney or any chutney.