Rice 1 glass or 2 cups
Chana dal 1/2 glass or 1 cup
Jaggery 4 cups
Ghee 1 cup
Milk 4 to 6 cups or 2 to 3 glasses
Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
Cashew/Raisins 1/4 cup
1. Add the chana dal ,rice ,2 glasses or 4 cups of milk a 2 cups or 1 glass of water and cook it I have used cooker you can cook on the vessel .
2. The rice and dal become soft.
3. Add 2 teaspoons ghee to it and after the ghee melts. Powder the jaggery . Add the powdered jaggery and mix well.
4. Heat a pan and turn to medium low add the remaining ghee and after ghee melts add raisins andcashews. When cashews turn golden color add the remaining milk and when milk boils add the cooked rice to it and mix well.
5. Add elcahi powder and mix well. When the pongal reaches required consistency switch off the stove.