Rice 4 cups
Sesame Seeds 1/8 cup
Jaggery 3 cups
Oil for frying
1. Soak rice for 7-8 hours. Drain the water and keep the rice on a cloth for drying.
2. Make fine powder by grinding it in a mixie
3. Powder or shred the jaggery and put it in a pan add little water to the jaggery and gradually dissolve it by boiling. (This must be made in low flame )
4. Stir till the jaggery syrup comes into a thick consistency.
5.Now add the powdered rice flour slowly to the jaggery syrup ensure that no lumps are formed. Add the sesame seeds.
6. Switch off the stove and let is cool for 5 minutes .Make small balls of the rice flour and jaggery.
7. Take a banana leaf or a plastic sheet to shape the balls in the form of small round puris.
8. Heat oil in a wide open pan. Deep fry these ariselu on low flame till brown.