Rice 2 cups or
Cooked rice 4 cups
Tamarind juice 1 cup
Green Chillies 4
Ginger 2 inch piece
Chana Dal(Senaga pappu) 2 teaspoons
Urad Dal(Mena pappu ) 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Peanuts 2 teaspoons
(also called pallilu/veru senagapappu)
Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
Hing 2 pinches
Cashews 1 teaspoon (optional)
Oil 1 cup
Salt as needed
1. Take 2 cup of rice and cook it by adding 4 cups of water. Spread the cooked rice a big bowl.
2. Soak tamarind in hot water and make a paste of it and extract the juice.
3. Cut green chilli into length wise .Cut ginger into very small pieces.
4. Heat a pan and add oil after oil is heated turn to medium low flame add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, ground nuts / peanuts, turmeric, hing ,curry leaves, green chillies and ginger fry till the urad dal becomes into golden color .
5. Add tumeric powder and salt , mix well. Add tamarind juice and after it boils switch off stove.
6. Mix the above tadka into the cooked rice in the bowl and mix well.