Donadakaya or tindora 1 pound
Onions 2 medium sized
Roasted Chana dal 1/2 cup
Tamarind 1 inch piece
Tumeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Oil 4 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Wash dondakaya or tindora. Cut them into pieces. You can cut long or circular pieces.
2. Cut onions into small pieces.
3. Heat a pan or kadia and add oil and turn the stove to medium low flame. Add the chopped onions.
4. When the onions change the color add the tindora or dondakaya pieces and mix well.
5. In a mixie make a powder of roasted chana dal or potanalu pappu and tamaraind.
5. Add the powder to the curry in the pan .
6.Cover the pan with lid and cook in medium low flame. In between mix well. After 5 minutes add salt and mix well.
7. Cover with lid and cook for about 15 minutes until the tindora is fully cooked.
8. Add red chilli powder and tumeric power mix well cook for two minutes and switch off the stove.
Serve with rice.