Locky or Sorakai 1/2 medium sized
Onions 1 big sized
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Chana dal 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Red chiilies 2
Hing 2 pinches
Turmeric 2 pinches
Curry leaves 6 to 8 leaves
Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Oil 4 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Cut locky or sorakai, carrots and onions into pieces.
2. Heat a pan or kadia and add oil. Add chana dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, red chilli cut into two pieces, hing and curry leaves. After the mustard seeds start to spulter. Add the chopped onions.
3. When the onions change the color add carrots mix well.
4. Add the locky or sorkai and mix well. Cover the pan with lid and
5. Add salt,coriander powder and tumeric powder and mix well. Cook until the curry is fully cooked.
6. Add red chilli powder mix well and switch off the stove.