Dondakya or Tindora ½ kg or 1 pound
Paneer or cottage cheese 1½ kg or 1 pound cup
Onions 1 big sized
Chana dal 1 teaspoon
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Red Chilies 3
Curry leaves 1 string
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
Oil 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
I used fresh panner for this curry. The link for fresh panner.
1. Cut dondakaya into small pieces. Pressure cook or cook dondakaya.
2. Cut onions into small pieces. Heat a pan add oil it after oil is heated add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, jeera, red chilli cut into 3 pieces. When the mustard seeds start to splutter and dals slightly change color add the onion pieces.
3. When onion becomes translucent. Add panner and saute well.
4. When the panner slightly changes color add the cooked dondakaya and mix well.
5. Add salt and tumeric powder and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add red chili powder and mix well. Switch off the stove.