Sorakaya/Bottle Gourd/Doodhi/Lauki ½ big sized
Milk 1 Cup (rice cooker cup)
Onion 1 medium sized (optional)
Chana dal 1 teaspoon
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Oil 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
Curry leaves 1 spring
Red chillies 2
Sugar ½ teaspoon(optional)
Salt as needed
1. Cut Sorakaya into small pieces. Cut onion into pieces.
2. Heat a pan add oil after oil is heated add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, jeera seeds, curry leaves red chilli cut into 2 or 3 pieces. When the seeds start to splutter and dals change color.
3. Add onion and mix well. When the onion becomes translucent. Add the sorakaya pieces and mix well.
4. After 5 minutes add turmeric close it with the lid. When the pieces become tender add milk to the curry and cook it low flame. Mix well in between.
5. When the curry comes to medium consistency usually takes 10 minutes and switch off the stove.
6. After 5 minutes add sugar and salt, mix well.