Dondakaya or Tindora or Ivy gourd ½ pound or ¼ kg
Yogurt or Curd 2 tablespoon
Onion 1 (optional)
Mustard Seeds ½ teaspoon
Chana Dal ½ teaspoon
Urad Dal ½ teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Hing 1 pinch
Red chillies 2
Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 string
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
Oil 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Cut and cook the dondakaya or tindora in a pan or cooker.
2. Heat a deep pan or skillet add oil to it. Add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, jeera, red chili cut into 3 pieces, curry leaves and hing.
3. When the mustard seeds start to splutter and dals slightly change color add the cooked dondakaya or ivy gourd mix well.
4. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. After 5 minutes add curd and mix well.
5. Cook for till the curd is fully absorbed or for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the red chilli powder. Mix well.