Kakarakaya or Karela
or Bitter Gourd 6 medium size
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
Oil 5 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Wash bitter gourd and take the water off and wrap them in a clean towel.
This will drain the any little water from it.
2. Cut them into thin round slices.
3. Put the karela pieces into plate or bowl and add the turmeric powder and half teaspoon of salt and mix well with your hand. Leave for 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
4. Transfer the pieces into a big paper towel or a thin cloth and press with your hand so that the water comes out.
5. Heat oil and add karela pieces. Cook on low medium flame with lid for 5 minutes. This will help for faster cooking and make the piece near by.
Remove the lid and cook for about another 15 minutes on low medium flame.
6. Add salt and when the color is turning light brown, add coriander powder and mix well.
7. When the color turn into brown color add red chilli powder mix well and switch off the stove.