Donadakaya or tindora 1 pound
Onions 2 medium sized
Garlic cloves 3
Urad dal 2 teaspoons
Chana dal 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Red chiilies 2
Hing 2 pinches
Turmeric 2 pinches
Curry leaves 6 to 8 leaves
Chilli powder 1 teaspoon (adjust accordingly)
Oil 4 teaspoons
Salt to taste
1. Wash dondakaya or tindora. Cut them into pieces. You can cut long or circular pieces.
2. Cut onions and garlic into small pieces.
3. Heat a pan or kadia and add oil and turn the stove to medium low flame . Add chana dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, red chilli cut into
two pieces, hing and curry leaves. After the mustard seeds start to spulter. Add the chopped onions and garlic.
4. When the onions change the color add coriander powder and mix well.
5. Add the tindora or dondakaya pieces and mix well. Cover the pan with lid and cook in medium low flame. In between mix well.
6. After 5 minutes add salt and tumeric powder and mix well.
7. Cover with lid and cook for about 15 minutes until the tindora is fully cooked.
8. Add red chilli powder mix well and switch off the stove.
Serve with rice.