Maida 2 cups
Yoghurt 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 cups
Ghee 1/2 cup
Baking powder 2 pinches
Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat ghee after it is melted and hot. In a bowl add maida, curd and baking powder. Now add the ghee to the bowl and mix all the ingredients into a soft dough.
2. Knead well and make them in lemon sized balls and flatten them and place a hole in the middle. Cover them with a damp cloth.
3. In a kadai or pan add the sugar and add one cup of water and make the sugar syrup with one string consistency. Add cardamom powder or elachi powder.
4. Heat a pan or kadai and pour oil for deep frying. On a low flame put the badushas one after other and fry on the both sides till the color is golden brown.
5. Put the fried badushas in the sugar syrup. After it is fully soaked. Remove them from sugar syrup and place them on a plate for drying. After 2 to 3 hour when the badusha are dried. Garnish with the nuts.
6. Store it in a air tight container.