Cabbage 1/2 of big sized or 1 pound
Urad dal 2 teaspoons
Chana dal 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Tamarind juice 1/4 cup
Red chiilies 2
Hing 1 pinches
Turmeric 2 pinches
Curry leaves 6 to 8 leaves
Green Chillies 2 (adjust accordingly)
Ginger 1 inch piece
Oil 3 teaspoons or 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
1. Make tamarind juice. Take tamarind in bowl add very hot boiled water. After it cool squeeze the juice or you can microwave it.
2. Wash cabbage and cut them into small pieces. I have used the food processor to cut the cabbage.
3. Heat a pan or in a microwave cook the cabbage pieces with water ,little salt and tumeric. Drain and squeeze the water out and keep it aside.
4. Heat the same pan or kadia and add oil and turn the stove to medium low flame . Add chana dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, red chilli cut into two pieces, hing and curry leaves. After the mustard seeds start to spulter.
6. Add the cooked cabbage to the pan and mix well.
7. After 5 minutes add the paste of ginger and green chillies. Add salt.