Dosakai or Yellow cucumber 1 big sized
Red chilli powder 3/4 cup
Mustard powder 3/4 cup
Salt 1/2 cup (Adjust accordingly)
Oil 1 cup
1. Wash the dosakai and pat it off with cloth or tissue paper. Ensure that there is no water or else the pickle will not last for months.
2. Cut dosakai and taste a small piece and taste the seeds too. The may be seeds are bitter and some times the dosakai is also bitter.If seeds are bitter discard them and use dosakai. If dosakai is bitter use another dosakai
3. Cut dosakai into 1/2 inch pieces and put them in a bowl. (Don't remove the peel)
4. Add red chilli powder,mustard powder and salt to the bowl and mix well.
5. Heat a pan and after it is heated add oil and after oil is heated and add to the bowl. Mix well.
This pickle can be stored upto two months to three months if you refrigirate it .