Urad dal 1 cup
Rice 3 cups
Fenugreek seeds 3/4 teaspoon
Toor dal 1 teaspoon
Salt as needed
1. Put the rice and urad dal in a bowl and wash them well. Add the fenugreek seeds and toor dal to the mix well. Add water and cover it such thatit is 3 inch deep over the water. Soak for about 5 hours.
2. Drain all the water from the bowl. Grind in a mixie or food processor or grinder add water and make it into medium smooth batter (not thick not too watery).
3. Place the batter in a bigger bowl and add salt to taste and keep the dosa batter aside in a warm place like conventional oven for about 8 to 10 hours. The batter will ferment and double in quantity. Mix the batter well.
4. Apply 3 to 4 drops of oil and spread on the entire flat tawa. Heat a non stick tava in medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.On the tava sprinkle few drop of water if they move away then the pan is ready to make dosa.This is general tip for making any dosa. Take batter in deep round shaped big spoon and spread on the tawa into round shaped dosa.
5. Spread about half spoon of oil on the outer edge of the dosa. After it is cooked use a spatula and gently turn the dosa on to the other side. Cook for 45 seconds.
6. Clean the tawa before putting the next dosa with a wet paper towel or half cut onion or potato piece.