Ridge gourd or Berakaya skin 2 big sized
Chana dal or Senaga papu 2 teaspoons
Urad dal or Menapa papu 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
Jeera or Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
Red chillies 2
Tumeric powder 1 pinch
Tamarind 2 inch
or Tamarind juice 2 teaspoons
Ginger 1 inch piece
Green chili 1 (Adjust accordingly)
Hing 2 pinches
Oil 4 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Peel the skin of ridge gourd and wash it.
2. In a pressure cooker add some water and boil the ridge gourd skin or berakaya tokku and boil it in a pressure cooker.
3. After it is cooked remove the water.
4. Heat a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil and add the ridge gridge gourd skin or berakaya tokku. In medium flame cook for about 10 minutes. Mix in between. Add salt and tumeric powder.
5. Heat a pan and put 2 teaspoons of oil and add chana dal,urad dal,jeera,mustard seeds,hing and red chillies until the urad and chana dal turn their color and mustard seed splutter. Keep the tadka or popu aside.
6 .In a mixie or grinder add salt ,tamarind, ginger and green chilli and grind all the ingredients by adding little water.
7. Transfer them into a bowl.