Snake Gourd or Potalakaya 1 big
Tomatoes 2 medium sized
Yogurt 2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Methi seeds 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Chana dal 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli 3
Green Chilles 2
Hing 2 pinches
Curry Leaves 8 to 10
Oil 3 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Wash snake gourd ,green chilli and tomatoes. Cut snake gourd into round pieces. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan and boil water and add the snake gourd pieces and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook them till they are fully cooked. Drain the water .
3. In a bowl add yogurt and water and mix well. Add the cooked snake gourd and mix well.
4. Heat the same pan and boil water and add the tomaotoes and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook them till they are fully cooked and become soft.
5. Add the cooked tomato pieces and water to the bowl with curd and snake gourd and mix well.
6. Heat a pan add oil and after oil is heated turn it on to low flame add urad dal, mustard seeds, menthi seeds, red chilli cut into 2 pieces, green chilli pieces, curry leaves and hing. After urad dal change the color and mustard seeds pop up. Switch off the stove.
7. Add tumeric powder and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Garnish with tadka.