Beetroot 2 medium sized
Dry coconut powder 2 tablespoons
Mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Chana Dal 1 teaspoon
Urad Dal 1 teaspoon
Dries Red Chillies 3
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves 1 bunch
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
Red chilli powder 3/4 teaspoon
Oil 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Chop the beetroot into small pieces and cook in pressure cooker.
2. Heat a deep pan or skillet and add oil. When oil is hot turn to medium low flame and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, jeera, red chillies, hing and curry leaves.
3. When the mustard seeds start to splutter add the dry cocunut powder and mix well, when the cocunut powder slightly changes color add the boiled beetroot and mix well.
4. After two minutes add turmeric powder and salt. Cover it with a lid and turn to medium low flame. Cook for about 10 minutes. Mix well in between.
5. Add red chilli powder mix well and cook for 1 minute and switch off the stove.