Dondakaya/ Ivy Gourd / Tindora 1 pound or ½ kg
Dry coconut powder 1 tablespoon or 3 teaspoons
Roasted toordal powder or kandhi pappu podi 4 teaspoons
Mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Chana Dal 1 teaspoon
Urad Dal 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder 2 pinches
Red Chillies 3
Curry Leaves 6 to 8
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Oil 3 teaspoons or 1 table spoon
Salt as needed
1. Heat a pan and dry roast toor dal in medium low flame for 5 minutes or till it slightly changes the color. Switch off the stove. Let it cool completely. Blend the roasted toor dal into a coarse powder.
2. Wash and cut the dondakaya into circular pieces and pressure cook or cook in pan until it is cooked.
3. Heat a deep pan or skillet and add oil after oil is heated add mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal, curry leaves ,hing and red chillies.
4. When mustard seeds start to splutter add the dry coconunt powder and mix well. When powder slightly changes color add the cooked dondakaya or ivy gourd and mix well.
5. Add roasted toor dal powder, salt and tumeric powder, mix well.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes and add red chilli powder mix well and switch off the stove.