Tuesday, March 9, 2010
This curry is full of protien. It is very much liked by kids. In India we get light green colored bean.
Long beans 1/2 pound
Chana dal 1 teaspoon
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Red chillies 3
Hing or Inguva 2 pinches
Tumeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon (adjust according to your taste)
Salt as needed
1. Cut long beans into very small pieces about half centimeter pieces. In a pressure cooker add salt and water ,cook long beans or if you cook in kadia or non stick pan add salt and water and cook the long beans. Ensure that they are fully cooked.
2. After cooking the long bean drain the water out.
3. Heat a non stick pan or kadia and add 4 teaspoons of oil. Add one teaspoon of chana dal,one teaspoon urad dal, one teaspoons mustard seeds, half teaspoon jeera seeds, 2 pinches hing or inguva and 3 red chillies cut into pieces.
4. Add the boiled long bean cooked curry and mix well. Add turmeric powder and chili powder. Add salt as needed as you have already cooked long bean in salt.
5. Cook on medium low flame for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Serve with hot rice.