Sooji or Upma rava 2 cups
Curd ½ cup
Onions 1 finely chopped into small pieces
Green chillies 3 finely chopped
Ginger 1 inch piece finely chopped
Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
Salt as needed
1. Mix sooji or upma rava, curd and little water for 15 minutes. The batter should not be thick or thin.
2. Add onions, green chillies, ginger, baking soda and salt to the sooji mixture.
3. Heat a kadia or skillet or deep frying pan add oil when the oil is hot add the teaspoon full of batter into the hot oil. Reduce to medium low flame.
4. When the punukulu are uniformly fried on all sides and turn to golden light brown color. Remove them from the pan and transfer them on a tissue paper.
5. Serve them with peanut chutney, coriander chutney or allam chutney.