Palak leaves or Spinach 1 bunch
Onion 1 big
Green chillies 2
Garlic 2 pods
Cumin seeds/Jeera 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard seeds/ Avalu 1/2 teaspoon
Menthi seeds 1/4 teaspoon
Chana dal or Sengapapu 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder 1 pinch
Hing or Inguava 1 pinch
Red chillies 2
Curry leaves 1 bunch
Tamarind paste 2 tablespoons
or Tamarind 1 and 1/2 pinch
Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
Oil 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Wash palak leaves and cut them into pieces. Cook them in cooker or a vesel. Chop onion and garlic into pieces.
2. Heat a pan add oil after oil is heated add cumin seeds, mustard seeds , dry red chilly,hing or inguava, curry leaves and bengal gram.
3. When bengal gram slightly changes color add garlic and onion pieces to it.
4. When onion becomes translucent add palak or spinach and water to it.
5. When palak is fully cooked add coriander powder,chilly powder, turmeric powdertam, tamarind juice and salt. Cook for 10 minutes in medium flame. Garnish with corainder or cilantro leaves.