When I was in hostel my mom made 1 big bottle full of this pickle and gave me. All our friends finished this pickle in 1 day. It was so yummy .. You can eat with dosas or rice.This pickle is very tasty and easy to make. My husband likes this pickle a lot.
Brinjals 2 (long sized)
Red Chilli powder 1 table spoon or 3 teaspoons
Mustard powder 1 table spoon or 3 teaspoons
Tumeric powder 2 pinches
Tamarind 3 inch piece
Hing or Inguava 1/4 teaspoon
Oil 3 table spoons
Salt as needed
1. Heat about 1/2 cup water in a bowl and add tamarind and boil for about 3 minutes. When the tamarind becomes soft make thick paste.
2. Wash the brinjals and dry them with a cloth. Ensure that no moisture is there. Cut them into pieces. Heat a pan add oil. After oil is heated add hing or inguava.
3. When the brinjals become soft add tumeric powder. Switch off the stove.
4. Transfer the content to a bowl and add tamarind paste. Mix well.
5. Add mustard powder, salt and red chilli powder. Mix well.