Mango 1 Medium sized
Chana dal or Senaga papu 2 teaspoons
Urad dal or Menapa papu 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 2 teaspoon
Jeera or Cumin ½ teaspoon
Red chilies 6
Ginger ½ inch piece
Green chili 3
Hing 2 pinches
Oil 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Chop mango into pieces. Scrape the cocunut. I have used the frozen coconut. If mango is not sour add 1 inch tamarind.
2. Heat a pan and add 3 teaspoons of oil, after is heated add chana dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, hing and red chillies. When the urad and chana dal turn their color and mustard seed splutter, switch off the stove.
3. In a mixie or grinder grind the above tadka.
4. Add scrape coconut, green chilies, ginger and salt. Add little water if needed.
5. Add the mango pieces and blend well.
Serve with rice, dosa, vada or idly.