Bottle gourd or Sorakaya or Anapakaya ½ medium sized
Tamarind Lemon sized or 2 inch piece
Besan or Gram flour or Senaga pindi 2 table spoons
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Menthi seeds ½ teaspoon
Oil 1 teaspoons
Hing or Inguava 2 pinches
Curry leaves 1 string
Turmeric powder 3 pinches
Coriander leaves for garnishinng
Salt as needed
1. Peel and chop the bottle gourd pieces. In a bowl put the bottle gourd pieces and water. The pieces has to be submerged, add salt and turmeric powder. Place the bowl on the stove.
2. When the pieces are cooked add tamarind paste and pour the water.
3. When the water starts to boil add besan and mix well. Ensure that no lumps are formed.
4. When nice aroma comes and water starts to boil add red chilly powder and has reached medium consistency. Switch off the stove.
5. Heat a pan and after it is heated add oil, add mustard seeds, jeera, menthi seeds, curry leaves and hing . When the mustard seeds start to splutter, switch off the stove.
6. Add the above tadka and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.