Blog hopping in Anuska blog Tomatoes Blues as a part of Radhika's Blog hopping event on Wednesday.
Besan or chick pea flour 1 cup
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Ginger 1 inch piece
Green chillies 3
Curd ½ cup
Water ½ cup
Salt 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon ( no, dont cringe!! you will love it )
Eno 2 teaspoons
Tadka and garnishing:
Oil 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Hing 3 pinches
Grated coconut 2 teaspoons (optional)
Corainder leaves chopped finely handful
1. Make a paste of ginger and green chillies.
2. In a big bowl add besan,sugar, salt and tumeric powder and mix well. Add curd, water and green and ginger chillies. Blend it well.
3. Take a deep bottomed vessel and grease it. Transfer the batter and add eno. Mix well.
4. In a pressure cooker add 4 glasses of water and immediately transfer the vessel to a pressure cooker. Steam it for about 15 minutes.
5. Insert a knife into the steamed dhokla if it comes out with any batter then it means it is fully cooked.
6. Cut into small pieces.
7. Heat a pan add oil after oil is heated add the mustard seeds, hing. When the mustard seeds start to splutter. Pour this on the dhokla.8. Garnish with chopped coriander and coconut.