Long Brinjals 3
Chikudukaya or Papadi seeds 1 cup
Chana dal 1 teapoon
Urad dal 1 teapoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Jeera ½ teaspoon
Red chillies 3
Amchur Powder 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 string
Hing 2 pinches
Tumeric powder 2 pinches
Oil 2 teaspoons
1. Chop brinjal and onion into pieces. Heat a pan and add oil to it, add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies broken into 3 parts, hing and curry leaves.
2. When the dals change color and mustard seeds start to pop add the onion pieces and mix well. When onion becomes translucent add brinjal pieces and mix well.
3. When the brinjal becomes tender add the chickudikaya gingalu, cover it with a pan and cook well.
4. Mix the chickudu gingalu well. When are fully cooked add salt and tumeric powder, mix well.
5. Add 1 teaspoon amchur powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.