Rice Flour 5 cups
Moong dal flour or pesara pindi 1 cup
Butter ¼ cup
Oil ¼ cup
Sesame seeds or Nuvvulu ½ cup
Red chilli powder ¼ cup (adjust acordingly)
Water for mixing the dough
Oil for deep frying
Salt as needed
Preparing the moong dal powder:
1. Heat a pan and dry roast moong dal in low flame. After it cools, grind it into a fine powder.
2. In a big bowl mix rice flour, moong dal flour, sesame seeds, salt and red chilli powder. Heat a pan and melt butter add oil and when it hot switch of the stove and add this to the big bowl. Now add water little by little and make it like chapathi dough. Not too soft nor too hard.
3. Add the dough making them into small balls. Using a press used to make murukulu or jentikalu. Use the star shaped round plate.
4. Press the mould it releases the dough in a straight line.
5. Gently turn the dough into circluar form.
6. Heat a skillet or deep pan and add oil for deep frying. Gently drop the murukulu and uniformly fry on both sides until they turn golden color.