Happy Father’s day. The greatest gift that I ever had I call him my dad. I dedicate this post to all the fathers in this world.
"A father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when you are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everythings gonna be ok"
~ Author Unknown
Sooji 2 cups
Ghee 1 ½ cup
Cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
Orange color 2 pinches
Sugar 3 cups
Roasted cashews Handful
1. Heat a pan and add ghee. When the ghee fully melts add sooji to it.
2. Roast sooji gently in medium low flame for about 8 to 10 minutes. It will slightly change color. Keep stirring in between.
3. Add the color and mix well.
4. Add the sugar and mix well. The halwa will become like a liquid. Keep stiring.
5. When it becomes fully cooked and comes close. Switch off the stove.
6. You can refrigerate and store for about a week. There is no water and so it has longer shell life. Garnish with cashews.
For long trips and pooja I prefer making sooji halwa. It is filling for children and kids love this.