Basmathi rice 2 cups
Water 3 cups
Green Chillies 3
Jeera or Cumin seeds 1 table spoon
Cinnamon 1 inch piece (break it into 3 to 4 pieces)
Oil 1 and 1/2 table spoons
Salt as needed
1. Wash and soak rice in water for one hour or at least half an hour.
2. Cut green chillies into length wise pieces.
3. Heat a pan and add oil after the oil is heated add the cloves, bay leaf ,cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds slightly change color switch off the stove.
4. Drain the water from the soaked rice.
5. In a cooker or rice cooker add the rice, water, cloves ,bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds with oil , green chillies and salt .
NOTE: For basmathi rice we generally use 1 and1/2 cup for 1 cup rice . Adjust accordingly .