Brinjals 1/2 pound or 1/4 kg
Garlic cloves 10 small sized
Green chillies 3
Roasted Peanuts 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 bunch or 10 leaves
Oil 2 table spoons
Salt as needed
1. Cut brinjals into medium size long pieces. Cut chillies vertically .
2. If you have ordinary peanuts , heat a pan and dry roast the peanuts . Remove the peel . In a mixie or blender grind peanuts coarsely and keep them aside.
3. Heat a pan add oil after oil is heated add urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds when the mustard seeds pop add curry leaves, garlic and cut green chillies.
4. Add the brinjal slices and gently stir in between until the brinjals become tender.
5. Add salt and gently mix , add the peanut powder and genly mix well.
Serve with rice