Besan 1 cup
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Green chillies 2 (adjust acoordingly)
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Oil 1 tablespoon or 3 teaspoons
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Sour curd 1/2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Fruit salt or Eno 3/4 teaspoon
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 bunch
Green chillies 3
Oil 2 teaspoons
Corainder leaves handful
1. Make a paste of green chilli and ginger in a mixie or blender.
2. In a bowl mix the besan, ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt, turmeric, sugar and oil .
3. Add curd and water and beat it in a mixie or beater till it becomes smooth.
4. Grease a large plate or cake pan with oil which is 3 inch deep.
5. In pressure cooker pan pour 2 cups of water.
6. Add the fruit salt or eno , mix well and pour immediately into the greased plate and place in the cooker .
7. Steam for 20 minutes. Remove the plate and cut them into square pieces.
1. Cut green chillies length wise.
2. In a pan heat the oil for the tadka or poppu , add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. When the mustard seeds pop up. Pour the tadka on the steamed dokla.
3.Garnish with the coriander leaves.