Rice 1 ½ cups or Cooked rice 3 cups
Alma 11 to 12 medium sized
Green Chillies 4 (chop them length wise)
Ginger 1 inch piece (chopped finely)
Chana Dal(Senaga pappu) 2 teaspoons
Urad Dal(Mena pappu ) 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Turmeric ¼ teaspoon
Hing 2 pinches
Cashews 1 teaspoon (optional)
Oil 6 teaspoons
Salt as needed
1. Take 1 ½ cups of rice and cook it by adding 3 cups of water. Spread the cooked rice a big bowl.
2. Heat water in a vessel, after the water starts to boil, add 10 to 12 amla. Deseed the alma and smash them.
3. Heat a pan and add oil after oil is heated turn to medium low flame add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, cashew, turmeric, hing ,curry leaves, green chillies and ginger fry till the urad dal becomes into golden color .
5. Add tumeric powder and salt , mix well. Add smashed alma and mix well. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes in medium low flame.
6. Add cooked rice in the pan and mix well.